Friday, September 30, 2016

IT's Impact on my Life

While keeping household items natural and organic, I still have an endless amount of technology that is used on a regular basis. They’ve both made a huge impact on my life. The biggest part of IT that has made an impact on me is Internet Access.

While most millennials are obsessed with the opportunity to contact anyone, anywhere, anytime, I’m more interested in using today’s technology to learn. Before the 1950’s, when computers first started being developed, information could only be found in books or through other people. People had to leave their locations to go to the store or library to get these books and these books weren't up to date. Everything was manual.

Nowadays, everything can be done at the click of a button. Any kind of information you could want can be found on the internet. You can access the internet from any system, anywhere you could want, at any point in time. The access to this kind of information allows us to learn as much as we’d like, with no limits. Our only limits are our own priorities and choices, but if we choose to devote ourselves to learning, all we have to do is pull out our phone or computer.

While this has many positive outlooks to it, there can also be negative ones. Just as easily as you can look information up, someone can look you up. If you posted a picture that you wouldn’t necessarily want anyone to see anymore, an employer could find it after it was deleted. Any information that you post on the internet is out there for everyone to see and you can’t get it back. Other times, you might stumble across information that you’d rather not know. In these cases, the internet’s strength is also its greatest weakness.

The way that the Internet has personally impacted my life is to be able to learn about healthy alternatives through it. I’ve spent hours on end reading information and watching videos about the thousands of ways that our everyday choices can be done differently. I found that blogs are usually the most helpful when looking for natural remedies, recipes for toothpaste and face washes, and ways to cook foods. On the other hand, videos are much more helpful when it comes to tutorials on how to actually make those things. I find most of my information by starting on Google and searching for keywords, based on what I would like to find. If there’s something you’d like to find, there’s a Google search box at the bottom of my blog to help you out! If you’ve read my other posts, feel free to look up anything I’ve mentioned, such as “Camera ISO”, “Dachau”, or “Viveport.”

No comments:

Post a Comment