Thursday, September 29, 2016

Some Information about me

For anyone reading, my blog is about natural alternatives to everyday tasks, such as cooking, health care routines, and creating a nourishing home environment. Here is some background information as to why I created this blog.

While living with my parents had its unfavorable moments, it really was an opportunity to live in an environment that supported and encouraged a healthy lifestyle. A huge part of this involved our meals, which we typically spent together as a family. Food played a huge role in our relationships, to the point that I typically told my friends that if my family liked that person, they’d give that person endless amounts of food. Cooking for someone is like a love language to us, similar to making a birthday card from scratch, since all of our food was completely homemade. This way of living was made easy by our house being located in the center of a farm. My family took advantage of this and used the extra land to grow organic vegetables for us to eat, raise cattle used for meat without any hormones, as well as start a honeybee colony that provided multiple jars of honey. Anything that wasn’t homemade, had to meet certain criteria. Some of the characteristics required of the food bought included organic qualities, and lacked any types of refined flours or sugars, artificial substances, and unnecessary dyes. Everything was kept as natural as possible, allowing us all to stay healthy. If by some chance anyone did become ill, we had a way to naturally cure the ailment. With essential oils, plants, and herbs stocked up, we were prepared for anything from the common cold to anxiety attacks.

Being raised in this kind of environment definitely changed my perspective of everyday things that other people see differently. Eating only natural foods, I haven't been able to eat the fast foods or freezer foods, that most people seem to eat on a regular basis, without regretting it. These foods tend to make me feel sick, my skin feel gross, or for me to feel exhausted for the rest of the day. It had me wondering, is this really just me because I’m used to feeling healthy, or is everyone just so used to feeling like crap that they don’t even notice it anymore? At this point, my curiosity about these natural and organic substances was growing. I started doing research on the effects that different vitamins, minerals, and nutrients had on our bodies, as opposed to the substances hiding in fast foods, frozen foods, and other store-bought items. It became something more than just doing what I was taught to do—it was choosing to do something every day that I knew would benefit me in the long-run, even if it wasn’t always cheap or convenient.

After moving out, maintaining the lifestyle has been much harder because I’m having to be more self motivated and I don’t have anybody else there to make up what I can’t do, like I used to. I want to continue eating healthily but I’m struggling with some of the same issues that other people tend to. When I come home from a 9 hour shift, my first choice isn’t to start cooking a meal from scratch. I’d much rather go pick fast food up and save myself the little time and energy I have left, even though I know that it’s going to leave me feeling worse than I already felt. So as I learn to battle these temptations and learn from my mistakes, hopefully we can all learn and benefit from them together.

Throughout these blogs, I’ll be posting about my tips and techniques on how to live a natural, healthy lifestyle. Some of these will include the tricks that I grew up with, while others I will be learning from and improving upon, as I go about my day-to-day schedules. Along the way, I’ll keep you updated and stay in touch, so feel free to say “Hello” and leave a comment. Otherwise, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment